This book is intended for people who hired the Keyts to form their Arizona LLC or PLLC. Even if we did not form your LLC you will find a lot of good information in this book about operating your Arizona LLC or PLLC.
We form new Arizona LLCs and PLLCs the same day we are hired and paid. Our LLC packages are the Bronze for $397, the Silver for $597 (our most popular package) and the Gold for $997 (the confidential LLC). See the contents of our three LLC packages and our LLC formation website.
We do not charge for questions about forming Arizona limited liability companies. In talking to people and answering thousands of questions over and over about Arizona LLCs, we found that people ask the same questions about operating Arizona LLCs. This Operations Manual contains answers to the most commonly asked questions about forming and operating Arizona limited liability companies.
To make an appointment with Rick or his son Ricky use our online calendar at:
Section 1.1 Overview of the Operations Manual
We wrote this Operations Manual for two reasons:
a. To tell you important facts you need to know about operating your Arizona limited liability company, and
b. To reduce the amount of time we have to spend answering questions on the phone.
Reason number two may be selfish on our part, but do not forget reason one. If you have a question about operating an Arizona LLC (but not tax-related questions – see your CPA for the answers to tax questions), the answer is probably in this Operations Manual. If you have a question about Arizona LLCs that is not answered in this Operations Manual, call one of us, but before you do, please read the Operations Manual carefully and make sure the answer is not in it.
Section 1.2 Arizona LLC Law
This information contained in this Operations Manual applies only to Arizona limited liability companies. All fifty states in the United States have laws that allow for the creation of LLCs within each state, but each state has its own unique LLC laws. Some LLC laws of states other than Arizona may be similar to Arizona LLC laws, but you should never assume that is the case.
Your LLC must comply with the laws of each jurisdiction where it engages in activity. The application of the laws of another state to an Arizona LLC that does business in that state may give a result that is different from how Arizona law would treat the same fact pattern.
Section 1.3 The KEYTLaw Arizona LLC Law Website
Please visit and bookmark our Arizona LLC Law website. This site contains tons of additional information about asset protection and forming and operating Arizona LLCs.”
Section 1.4 Other KEYTLaw Websites
In addition to our Arizona LLC Law website we also have the following websites that contain a lot of information about each area of law:
- Operating Agreement: Complete our Operating Agreement questionnaire to hire us to prepare a custom Operating Agreement for your Arizona LLC or PLLC.
- Self Directed IRA LLCs: Learn how to use an LLC to make self-directed investments with your IRA funds. Complete this questionnaire to hire us to form an LLC owned by your IRA account.
- Wills, Trusts & Estate Planning: If you do not have a Will and healthcare documents your family is unprotected and suffer greatly if you were to die or become incapacitated. See the contents and prices of our Silver and Gold estate plans.
- Family Asset Protection: This free ebook explains Wills, Trusts, Living Wills, Healthcare Powers of Attorney, Financial Powers of Attorney and why you need to protect your loved ones before it is too late. We wrote the book to help people understand a complex subject and illustrate how an estate plan can protect your most valuable asset – your loved ones. To get a free hard copy of our Family Asset Protection book click on this link and enter your information.
- Nonprofit Corporations & Tax-exempt Charities: Information and articles about how to form and operate an Arizona nonprofit corporation and how to apply for and obtain an IRS tax-exemption for a charitable organization.
- Arizona Probate Law: We explain what probate is, when it is needed and when heirs can avoid probate after a death and use one of Arizona’s small estate probate exemptions. Submit our nonprofit corporation questionnaire to hire us to form an Arizona nonprofit corporation.
- Do-It-Yourself Legal Forms: Purchase downloadable Word versions of legal forms created by us. We offer Arizona LLC forms, real estate forms and loan forms. Follow the instructions and edit the form to meet your needs.
- Buy Sell Agreements: Learn why all multi-member LLCs (other than husband and wife owned LLCs) should have a Buy Sell Agreement. This document contains the members’ exit strategy in case they need a company divorce. Complete our buy sell agreement questionnaire to hire us to prepare a buy sell agreement for your Arizona LLC.
Section 1.5 Visit the KEYTLaw Youtube Channel
Please also visit and bookmark our Youtube channel located at:
We have a lot of informational videos about Arizona LLCs and will be adding more in the future. Katie Keyt, the KEYTLaw girl and Richard Keyt’s daughter and former legal assistant, is the star of our “Ask the KEYTLaw Girl” video series. Again, please subscribe to our Youtube channel and click on the like icon if you like a video. Don’t forget to share videos with your friends.
Section 1.6 Please Give Us a Testimonial
If you liked the LLC formation service we provided in connection with forming your Arizona limited liability company, we would appreciate it very much if you would give us a testimonial. It’s quick and easy. Just click on this link to access our online testimonial form.
1.6 Hire Us to Form an Arizona LLC
If you have not yet formed your Arizona LLC, please consider hiring us for a price that is lower than many unlicensed non-attorney document preparers. Hire us and your LLC will be formed and approved by the Arizona Corporation Commission the same day you approve your LLC formation question and pay your fee. See the “Contents of the Bronze ($397), Silver ($597) & Gold ($997) LLC Packages.
Section 1.7 Legal Services Offered by KEYTLaw Attorneys
If you have a need for any fixed fee LLC legal services in the future, please contact a KEYTLaw attorney. Forming LLCs is just a small part of the legal services KEYTLaw attorneys offer. We are a full service small business law firm that takes care of the business legal needs of the companies we represent. Our attorneys also provide legal services most commonly needed by people, both business owners, non-business owners, employees and people who buy sell and rent residential and commercial property.
Besides forming a lot of Arizona companies, KEYTLaw attorneys provide the following additional legal services:
- Preparing and reviewing contracts of all types
- Forming Arizona nonprofit corporations and getting them approved by the IRS as 501(c)(3) tax exempt charities.
- Real estate law representing buyers, sellers, landlords and tenants with respect to raw land, commercial, industrial, office buildings, malls, apartments and residential properties
- Advising people on the legal consequences of defaulting on a loan secured by Arizona real property
- Preparing Wills, Trusts and other estate planning documents
Section 1.8 KEYTLaw is a Full Service Law Firm: Forming LLCs is One of the Many Legal Services We Offer
If you have a need for any additional legal services in the future, please contact me or another KEYTLaw attorney. Forming LLCs is just a small part of the legal services KEYTLaw attorneys offer. We are a full service small business law firm that takes care of the business legal needs of the companies we represent and the personal legal needs of people (business owners and non-business owners.
Section 1.9 KEYTLaw Attorney & Staff Contact Information
Office Location: 7373 E. Doubletree Ranch Road, Suite 135, Scottsdale, AZ 85258
Richard C. Keyt. Ricky, a former CPA, is licensed to practice law in Arizona and California. Practice Areas: Entity formations including nonprofit corporations, obtaining tax exemptions from the IRS for 501(c)(3) charitable organizations, wills and trusts and estate planning, special needs trusts, real estate law, contracts, business law
Michelle Watkins: estate planning, probates, statutory agent services & secretary for Rick Keyt
Rachel LeBeau: LLC legal assistant
Luana Strugari: LLC legal assistant
Debora Guler: Secretary and statutory agent manager